(Full-time, Amsterdam, Hybrid)
About Viaservice | TransFollow
Viaservice, with its offices in Amsterdam and Geneva is the owner, manager and provider of the TransFollow product suite. TransFollow is the standard for the digital consignment note and one of the most innovative developments at the moment in the logistics sector. TransFollow offers shippers, transporters and receivers more control over their logistics process and supply chain visibility. Each party can join the TransFollow platform and exchange data with their incompany software. This includes digital signature of receipts and delivery notes. Monitoring the status of shipments and management by exception are strong value creators for our platform.
TransFollow has been initiated by the Dutch associations for transport and logistics and works close together with similar international associations, dominant shippers and transport companies. The TransFollow product suite is being rolled out throughout Europe.
The person we are looking for has therefore the ability to perform under a continuous learning process, adapting to new requirements and interfaces easily and understands the possibilities of TransFollow as a unique and versatile platform.
About the job:
As a member of the development team, you are reporting to the CTO and you work closely with a team of high experienced software engineers. You are responsible for the design, the specification and the development of the TransFollow products (SaaS backend API, web portal and Android based mobile application). You work with an enthusiastic engineer team following Agile best practices methodology to deploy new product releases each 3 weeks through continuous delivery process and zero down time deployment. You work closely with the product owner, sales representatives, distributors, partners and customers to design, refine and develop new features in an efficient and unique customer centric approach. You support and advise our customers and partners integrating TransFollow SaaS API in their back-office environment (ERP, transport management system, warehouse management system or proprietary solutions). You participates to the design and enhancements of TransFollow core architectures (sectional) for continuous improvement of the performance and scalability of our products. You document and make available new products’ features through our public documentation to ensure that our partners and customers can easily integrate our value proposition in their environments.. You work closely with the support team to assist them in case of service related disruptions..
- You have a strong software engineering background with a problem solving mindset eager to join an experienced software engineer team to further develop an innovative product serving the transport industry.
- You are curious and always eager to elearn new mbrace and learn new technologies. You have an affinity with distributed IT solutions deployed in an heterogenous environment.
- You are familiar with the agile methodologies and having a result oriented and customer centric mindset.
- You have good communication skills to work closely with our business team and with our partners and customers..
- You are eager to sit down with chain partners to enable innovation in the logistic process.
- You have a high degree of self-motivation and ambition and the skills to work both independently and as part of a team.
- You are Engligh fluent (other languages like Dutch, French or Spanish are considered a perk).
If you recognized yourself in this statement, send us your application, we are waiting for you !
Recognise yourself in the above? Send us your application, we are waiting for you !
Bachelor degree level
Experience (1-4 years) as a developer, preferably within a transport related industry
- Java developer with 1-4 years of experience
- Java, Spring Boot, Mybatis, PostgreSQL
- Experience with AWS services such as ECS, EC2, RDS, S3, Backup, ELB, VPC... is a plus
- Experience with frontend development (Angular, Bootstrap)
- Experience with Android development is a plus
- Analytical, hands-on, focus for detail
- Good communication skills
- Problem solver and result oriented
- Conscientious and rigorous
What we offer:
- A fast-growing international company with an ambitious and professional environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package (pension plan, bonus scheme, home office)
- An intensive introduction program in the Netherlands and Switzerland is part of the position
Please submit your CV and Letter of Motivation (English only) and any other documentation that adds value to your application. For more information you can contact us at email@example.com
Viaservice is an inclusive company that works in international setting. We exclude no-one and support a diverse team of employees.
Acquisition in response to this job posting is not appreciated and will potentially block future relationships with our company.