Technical support employee
(Full-time, Amsterdam, Hybrid)
About Viaservice | TransFollow
Viaservice, with its offices in Amsterdam and Geneva is the owner, manager and provider of the TransFollow product suite. TransFollow is the standard for the digital consignment note and one of the most innovative developments at the moment in the logistics sector. TransFollow offers shippers, transporters and receivers more control over their logistics process and supply chain visibility. Each party can join the TransFollow platform and exchange data with their incompany software. This includes digital signature of receipts and delivery notes. Monitoring the status of shipments and management by exception are strong value creators for our platform.
TransFollow has been initiated by the Dutch associations for transport and logistics and works close together with similar international associations, dominant shippers and transport companies. The TransFollow product suite is being rolled out throughout Europe.
About the job:
As a member of the support and product development team you will provide technical and functional support to our customers, partners, distributors and internal sales forces.
You work closely with the Product Manager, sales team and development team in order to continuously improve our customer satisfaction.
You provide the first and second level support to our customers and partners and you work closely with our software engineers’ team to escalate third level support requirements. You register support related questions and issues into TransFollow systems, you assist in problem solving and you provide workarounds.
You are the first point of contact for end users and software partners connected or eager to connect to the TransFollow Datahub through our SaaS API. You support and advise technical integrations with third party solutions by mastering TransFollow core value proposition and technical interfaces.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Change and feature requests
- Registers and processes requests
- Aligns with customers/users/software partners to fully understand the request, preparing user-stories that can be presented to the development team
- Reports regularly on the progress of developments related to the requests and keeps customers informed
- Align internally with the development team in order to provide user-stories ready for development.
- Continuously reports back to customers on the status, progress and quality of requests and related development items
- Manage 1st and 2nd level support to customers
- Capture all managed incidents in bug tracking environment
- Inform the relevant sales representatives and the International Sales / Marketing Manager if the customer is not satisfied with the solution offered
- Follow the escalation process for all incidents that cannot be managed independently: define prioritization and level of urgency
- Is member of the 24/7 support team
- Provide internal support on the use of applications
- Assist in product demonstrations
- Is key-user of the TransFollow software and is capable of answering all questions related to the working of the TransFollow product suite
You have strong experience in technical customer support (experience in software related to the logistics and transport industry is a perk). You are familiar with SaaS technical environment requiring technical integration from customers through a complex API. You have very good listening, communication and client facing soft skills to provide first class support and advice to our customers and partners. You are able to understand customer requirements and advise on the best technical approach to integrate our API and to escalate to our software engineering team with accuracy and clarity when required. You are curious, eager to learn and have high interest in IT distributed solutions (ideally used in the transport industry sector like TMS, WMS, ERP, FMS) . You have a high degree of self-motivation and ambition and the skills to work both independently and as part of a team. You are fluent in English (other languages like Dutch, French or Spanish are considered a perk).
Recognise yourself in the above? Send us your application, we are waiting for you !
Bachelor degree level
Several years of experience in a technical support role, preferably within a transport IT related industry
- REST API / HTTP / JSON
- Knowledge of tools like Postman, CURL
- Familiar with networking concepts such as IPv4 routing, network segmentation, public certificates, firewalls, content delivery networks
- Java and Android a plus
- Knowledge and experience with tools like JIRA, Kibana, NewRelic, Crarshlytics a plus
- Analytical, hands-on, focus for detail
- Good listening and communication skills
- Good client facing skills
- Problem solver and result oriented
- Conscientious and rigorous
- Tutoring and training
- Good technical writing skills
What we offer:
- A fast-growing international company with an ambitious and professional environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package (pension plan, bonus scheme, home office)
- An intensive introduction program in the Netherlands and Switzerland is part of the position
Please submit your CV and Letter of Motivation (English only) and any other documentation that adds value to your application. For more information you can contact us at email@example.com
Viaservice is an inclusive company that works in international setting. We exclude no-one and support a diverse team of employees.
Acquisition in response to this job posting is not appreciated and will potentially block future relationships with our company.