Devops / Security officer
(Full-time, Amsterdam, Hybrid)
About Viaservice | TransFollow
Viaservice BV is an independent organization based in The Netherlands providing IT solutions for the transport sector and the logistic chain. The product suite TransFollow facilitates the exchange and storage of data relating to the e-CMR and logistics transactions. This can lead to a significant reduction in transaction costs (compared to a paper consignment note) and the logistics processes can function more efficiently. The TransFollow online platform makes the digital exchange of consignment notes possible as well as signing and following it. Companies with their own company specific software system can integrate into the TransFollow platform.
The digital consignment note gives full control of all incoming and outgoing shipments. We expect that the digital consignment notes become an integral part of the logistic sector in the next 5 years.
About the job:
As the Devops / Security officer, you are part of the TransFollow Development and Implementation Support Team and you report to our COO based in the Netherlands and to our CTO based in Geneva. You are responsible for supporting, maintaining and enhancing our technical AWS based infrastructure. You guarantee a scalable, robust and performant technical architecture able to support our future transaction request growth (transactions per seconds, CPU usage, storage capacity, system response time). You have a very good knowledge of AWS services, and you have very good experience in deployment scripting tools.
You are responsible for the overall platform and company security elements, guided by the ISO 27001 certification. The task includes reporting, alerting and solving security related issues, as well as creating.
Being part of the implementation support team, you are familiar with distributed IT based architecture and SaaS API. You will master TransFollow products in order to support, follow and advise our customers and partners to integrate TransFollow API in their own back-office environment (ERP, WMS, TMS, FMS or proprietary solutions) and ensure an efficient, scalable and robust technical integration. The integration itself is an easy and simple process but requires deep knowledge of the situations occurring for the different players within the supply chain. Accompanying potential clients during the initial tests and implementation, helping them in their decision-making process and providing training sessions are therefore another aspect of the job.
You maintain contacts with technical specialists of our customers and partners, provide training, check and supervise the implementations and certify their technical integration with our SaaS oriented products. In addition, the Devops / Security officer informs the parties about (imminent) changes as a result of TransFollow release management. Devops / Security officer provides solutions for problems related to software and supports the implementation of technical improvements.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintain, manage and support AWS based technical infrastructure
- Maintain and support product deployment scripts
- Is responsible for (both technical and process-based) supervising software distributors and end users who want to realize a connection to the platform
- Guides changes in the implementations that are announced or implemented from release management
- Maintains contacts with technical specialists at end users and provides solicited and unsolicited advice on the implementation.
Validation and Certification
- Informs integrators about the process to be followed for certification
- Assesses API implementations / connections for accuracy and safety and informs the relevant sales representatives of the country organizations
- Provides access to the production systems to integrated systems or end user solutions when they have demonstrated a correct and safe API implementation
- Manages 1st and 2nd level support to customers
- Captures all managed incidents in bug tracking environment
- Is member of the 24/7 support team
- Maintains, executes internal procedures and guidelines following the ISO 27001 certification related to platform and company security issues on technical level
- Reports on regular and frequent basis security threats and breaches to management
- Solves security related issues in collaboration with the development team
You have a strong background in devops with strong experience with AWS-based infrastructure and services. You have good IT security knowledge and are able to advise on technical architecture ensuring scalability, security, performance and high availability. You have strong experience and expertise in SaaS based products to support and advise our partners and customers eager to integrate our product suite. You are curious, eager to learn and have high interest in IT distributed solutions. You have a high degree of self-motivation and ambition, and the skills to work both independently and as part of a team. You are fluent in English (other languages like Dutch, French or Spanish are considered a perk). You are able to occasionally travel within a working day or overnight absence from home.
Recognise yourself in the above? Send us your application, we are waiting for you !
Bachelor degree level
Experience (5 years) as a devops/technical consultant, preferably within a transport related industry.
- Strong experience with AWS domain, administration and management
- Familiar with networking concepts such as IPv4 routing, network segmentation, public certificates, firewalls, content delivery networks
- REST API / HTTP / JSON
- Knowledge of tools like Postman, CURL
- Knowledge and experience with tools like JIRA, Kibana, NewRelic, Crashlytics…is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in security architecture and security policies, principles, and standards as ISO 27001 is a plus
- Java programming experience is a plus
- Analytical, hands-on, focus for detail
- Very good listening and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong experience in client facing
- Problem solver and result oriented
- Conscientious and rigorous
- Tutoring and training
- Good technical writing skills
What we offer:
- A fast-growing international company with an ambitious and professional environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package (pension plan, bonus scheme, home office)
- An intensive introduction program in the Netherlands and Switzerland is part of the position
Please submit your CV and Letter of Motivation (English only) and any other documentation that adds value to your application. For more information you can contact us at email@example.com
Viaservice is an inclusive company that works in international setting. We exclude no-one and support a diverse team of employees.
Acquisition in response to this job posting is not appreciated and will potentially block future relationships with our company.